If you are a creative and out of the box thinking individual, this role might be the one for you! Our client, a leading organisation within the professional services, is looking to grow their L&D team with a Senior Learning Experience Designer. Within this role you will be responsible for leading the design, creation, and delivery of both existing and bespoke digital learning programmes. This role would require travel into the office in Yorkshire twice a week, with flexibility for remote working three days a week.
This job aligns to the LPI’s Capability Map see how
- Lead and be hands on with the design and development of new and existing digital learning programmes
- Liaise with Subject Matter Experts and senior management to ensure the requirements for new courses are met
- Measure the effectiveness of the learning solutions and continuously improve training by making recommendations and implementing improvements to the digital learning content
- Coach and mentor the Digital learning specialists to create engaging and innovative training materials
- Confident and effective communicator, verbal and non-verbal
- Proven people management skills, with a strong focus on delivering excellent customer service and a great eye for detail
- Well-organised, initiative individual with strong time management skills and the ability to work in line with the company’s priorities and deadlines
- Highly proficient in using Microsoft office including MS Word, MS Excel, and PowerPoint
- Highly motivated by the opportunity to shape and mould an L&D department
- Minimum of 2 years experience working within an LD role, designing, and developing successful digital learning programmes
- Experience in leadingcoachingmentoring a team of learning designers
- Experience of training within a fast-paced environment is desirable
- Experience of using the latest technologies and trends within the Digital Learning environment
- LD CIPD qualification or equivalent is desirable
The LPI Capability Map
It may help your application for this job if you submit your Capability Map Competency Profile, in addition to your CV.
What can the Capability Map do for you?
Find out how the LPI’s Capability Map can help you land exactly the right job.Watch video
Design and develop solutions
Create and manage content
(Co-)Creating relevant learning content using sound learning design principles, and ensuring content is aligned with needs analysis and learning solution design and assessment strategy. Editing content when required to maintain, accuracy and relevance.
Design and develop solutions
(Co-)Designing and developing learning experiences and solutions that include appropriate formal and informal learning solutions, resources and performance support, ensuring that business, performance and learner requirements are met.
Initiating, planning, executing, controlling and closing the work of teams on L&D projects to achieve goals and meet success criteria.
Ensuring resources are available for improving performance, tagging and placing them within the context of the workflow and need as an output of performance consulting, the information architecture and learning solution design.
Facilitate live virtual learning
Facilitating interactive virtual-learning events using varied and regular interactive opportunities to encourage participation with the overall aim of meeting the session objectives/outcomes.
Performance and impact
Resolving workplace performance issues by partnering with customers/clients to provide a systematic analysis of performance gaps, recommending appropriate performance interventions and measuring ensuing business outcomes.
Strategy and operations
Aligning the learning strategy with the business strategy, planning to move the business forward and guiding execution of L&D tactics in line with strategy.
Building a culture of coaching where coaching is available at all levels of the organisation. Developing the skills of, and providing support to, leaders and managers to coach individuals and groups.
Structuring a programme of support and guidance to members of the organisation via mentoring. Supporting development and application of skills by others to help people build successful mentoring relationships.