Our client is a leading online education and training company dedicated to empowering individuals and organizations with high-quality, innovative learning solutions. Their mission is to provide accessible and effective training courses that lead to personal and professional growth. We are looking for an ambitious and experienced Business Development Manager to join our team and help us scale our business. Position Overview: As a Business Development Manager, you will be responsible for identifying new opportunities, developing strategic partnerships, and increasing sales to expand our e-learning training course offerings. You will work closely with our Marketing and Product Development teams to ensure that our courses meet the needs of our clients and contribute to their success. This is a hybrid role with trips into the office located in the Thames Valley area once a week.
Stand out from other candidates, with the LPI’s Capability Map see how
- Identify and pursue new business opportunities by researching markets and potential clients
- Develop and maintain relationships with key decision-makers in targeted organizations
- Conduct sales presentations and product demonstrations, both in-person and virtually
- Negotiate contracts and close deals to meet or exceed sales targets
- Collaborate with internal teams to develop and implement sales strategies, marketing campaigns, and customized training solutions
- Monitor industry trends and competitor activity to identify opportunities for growth
- Attend industry conferences, trade shows, and networking events to represent the company and promote our e-learning training courses
- Provide regular reports on sales activity, market trends, and customer feedback
- Strong communication and presentation skills, with experience in delivering engaging sales presentations
- Excellent relationship-building and networking abilities
- Self-motivated, goal-oriented, and able to work independently as well as collaboratively
- Willingness to travel as needed for client meetings and industry events
- Proficiency in CRM tools and Microsoft Office Suite
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in business development or sales, preferably in the e-learning or training industry
- Proven track record of meeting or exceeding sales targets
- Educated to a degree level is desirable
The LPI Capability Map
It may help your application for this job if you submit your Capability Map Competency Profile, in addition to your CV.
What can the Capability Map do for you?
Find out how the LPI’s Capability Map can help you land exactly the right job.Watch video
How do your skills measure up for this job? Create your own LPI Capability Map