Learning and Development Manager
£40K-£45K Basic Salary + Company Car
|Location||Yorkshire and the Humber|
|Role||Learning and development management|
|Benefits||Bonus scheme, Company car|
An excellent opportunity to develop your career as a learning and development professional and challenge yourself to support a growing and evolving L&D team. You will be joining a well-established trading specialist organisation. Within this role, you will be leading the strategy, design, and delivery of blended learning content and evaluate the organisation’s learning programmes, as well as create forward-thinking and fit-for-purpose learning solutions.
This job aligns to the LPI’s Capability Map see how
- Leading the design and delivery of blended learning programmes, ensuring these are in line with the organisations needs and requirements
- Identify the right channels for the learning content, including face-to-face as well as maximising technology to deliver virtually
- Implement various learning methods to deliver the learning strategy e.g., coaching, leadership development programmes
- Responsible for designing and developing inspiring and engaging onboarding programmes to attract and retain talent
- Producing a blended learning portfolio of the learning content, meeting the needs of the organisation with including engaging elements e.g., video, podcasts, webinars
- Confident and effective communicator, verbal and non-verbal
- Great organisational and time management skills
- Strong analytical and evaluation abilities
- Excellent people person who has the ability to design, develop and deliver excellent results
- Proficient in using authoring tools including Articulate Storyline
- Minimum of 3 years experience in an LD role, ideally in design and facilitation
- Proven track record in designing and executing successful training programmes e.g., leadership programmes and compliance training
- Highly proficient in using MS Word, MS Excel, and PowerPoint and authoring tools such as Articulate Storyline
- Great experience in traditional and modern training methods e.g., coaching, on-the-job or in-classroom training, e-learning etc
- Educated to degree level or equivalent experience
- A CIPD qualification or equivalent, ideally Level 5 or higher
LPI Capability Map
This role aligns to the following competencies on the LPI’s Capability Map. If you plan to apply for this job, it will help your application to submit your Capability Map Competency Profile, in addition to your CV.
Design and develop solutions
Create and manage content
(Co-)Creating relevant learning content using sound learning design principles, and ensuring content is aligned with needs analysis and learning solution design and assessment strategy. Editing content when required to maintain, accuracy and relevance.
Design and develop solutions
(Co-)Designing and developing learning experiences and solutions that include appropriate formal and informal learning solutions, resources and performance support, ensuring that business, performance and learner requirements are met.
Initiating, planning, executing, controlling and closing the work of teams on L&D projects to achieve goals and meet success criteria.
Facilitate face-to-face learning
Facilitating face-to-face learning events, using engaging facilitation skills to actively involve people in learning, motivate them to adopt desired behaviours and meet agreed session outcomes.
Facilitate live virtual learning
Facilitating interactive virtual-learning events using varied and regular interactive opportunities to encourage participation with the overall aim of meeting the session objectives/outcomes.
Strategy and operations
Develop L&D capability
Keeping L&D’s capabilities current and future-ready.
Aligning the learning strategy with the business strategy, planning to move the business forward and guiding execution of L&D tactics in line with strategy.
Manage and improve L&D processes
Managing L&D business processes and their continuous improvement.
Manage technology for learning
Working with others to manage the technology strategy, roadmap and tools used to enable the individual and organisational learning and performance needs of today – and the innovations of tomorrow.