£45K-£50K Basic Salary
Are you an L&D professional with a passion for designing and facilitating top class training? If so, this could be a great opportunity for you to join a fast-growing organisation, who are looking for an L&D Specialist to take responsibility for training design and delivery to enhance the capability and skills of their internal employees within several departments, including HR, Marketing and Talent teams. This role is located in Reading with flexibility for 2 days working from home.
This job aligns to the LPI’s Capability Map see how
- Partner with stakeholders across the business to understand the training needs
- Plan, design and facilitate ongoing training programmes for employees
- Deliver training face-to-face and virtually (VILT)
- Develop post-training materials for all training programmes to drive required behaviour change
- Manage external training providers when necessary
- Review feedback from employees to continuously make improvements to the training
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to facilitate engaging training workshops
- Strong relationship building skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Curious mindset with a flexible approach
- A minimum of 2 years experience designing and delivering engaging training programmes
- Experience of carrying out the full learning lifecycle including Training Needs Analysis TNA
- Experience of creating and implementing behavioural and competency frameworks is critical
- Training related qualifications are desirable
LPI Capability Map
This role aligns to the following competencies on the LPI’s Capability Map. If you plan to apply for this job, it will help your application to submit your Capability Map Competency Profile, in addition to your CV.
Design and develop solutions
Create and manage content
(Co-)Creating relevant learning content using sound learning design principles, and ensuring content is aligned with needs analysis and learning solution design and assessment strategy. Editing content when required to maintain, accuracy and relevance.
Design and develop solutions
(Co-)Designing and developing learning experiences and solutions that include appropriate formal and informal learning solutions, resources and performance support, ensuring that business, performance and learner requirements are met.
Engaging, empowering and accelerating individuals, groups and organisations to facilitate their optimal change journey in a sustainable way that positively affects performance. Building individual resilience and organisational agility during episodic and continuous change.
Facilitate face-to-face learning
Facilitating face-to-face learning events, using engaging facilitation skills to actively involve people in learning, motivate them to adopt desired behaviours and meet agreed session outcomes.
Facilitate live virtual learning
Facilitating interactive virtual-learning events using varied and regular interactive opportunities to encourage participation with the overall aim of meeting the session objectives/outcomes.
Performance and impact
Defining, measuring and interpreting learning impact in relation to the organisation’s performance objectives or expectations using a range of quantitative and qualitative methodologies. Evaluation scope includes both impact and effectiveness of learning solutions allows the organisation to take a view on the value that the learning has added.
Strategy and operations
Manage and improve L&D processes
Managing L&D business processes and their continuous improvement.
Develop continuous learning skills
Supporting individuals to develop self-directed and self-managed learning skills to drive independent, collaborative and networked learning (includes informally, formally, personally, professionally and in the workplace).
Building a culture of coaching where coaching is available at all levels of the organisation. Developing the skills of, and providing support to, leaders and managers to coach individuals and groups.
Structuring a programme of support and guidance to members of the organisation via mentoring. Supporting development and application of skills by others to help people build successful mentoring relationships.
Support work teams
Working with line and project managers to help a work team perform by working, collaborating and learning effectively together.